Shine Contracting projects
Breckinridge St. – Completed an exterior redesign of a house on Breckinridge Street in Louisville, just west of Bardstown Rd. Included windows and doors, painting, siding, and roof work.
Bank Street Brewhouse – Turned an old New Albany garage into a brewhouse and bar, complete with coordinating the installation of the brewery equipment, interior and exterior renovations, and interior design.
Little green building – Rent the property at 727 E. Jefferson St. – just behind the Green building on East Market. Have renovated the building with a Yoga studio on the first floor, two massage rooms on the second floor, and office space for Shine Contracting on the third floor.
Limerick houses –
Two residential – We have purchased and renovated two homes in Limerick (the area in Old Louisville east of 12th street and north of Central Park).
a) S. 7th Street – Purchased a house at the 1000 block of S. 7th street, renovated and remodeled it including extensive cleanup, foundation work and interior redesign. Shine Properties currently rents the property.
|S. 7th St. house kitchen, Before:||After:|
b) Zane Street – Purchased and renovated property at 7th and Zane Street. Shine Properties currently owns, maintains and rents the house.
One corner commercial (S. 7th Street) – Purchased, rezoned and renovated property at W. Saint Catherine and 7th Street in Limerick. Turned the bottom floor into a two-part commercial area, with a glass storefront and a recording studio in back. Renovated upstairs as an apartment.
Shrader Lane – Renovating two barns in Oldham County. Turning one into a functional house; work includes drainage, floors, re-roofing, framing rooms, putting in new windows, doors, and walls, adding drains and water connections, adding electrical work, adding HVAC, redirecting city water lines to the building, plus interior and exterior finishing and design. Turning the second barn into an open porch area.
Portland Ave. Firehouse – Recently purchased the old firehouse on Portland Ave. from the city surplus land bank. Plan to re-zone the building as commercial, redesign the interior and exterior to make it fit for office work, and put in Shine Contracting offices.
Frankfort Ave. Firehouse – Recently purchased another old firehouse on Frankfort Ave. from the city surplus land bank. Came with the Portland firehouse. Plan to rezone it and turn it into a corner commercial space on the first floor (possibly an upscale pizza restaurant), with living area on the upper level.
Bank Street – Currently maintaining the building and property at the intersection of Bank, 15th, and Rowan in Portland. In the future will renovate the building as a corner commercial area.
S 9th street – Purchased and currently renovating property at 9th and Dumesnil.
East Market Street – Beginning renovations on property at East Market Street in the NuLu area. Have created a budget and timeline to renovate the area, add walls, floors and ceilings, add bathrooms and drywall for potential office space, and address structural issues.
- Shine Contracting is focused on redesigning residential and small commercial properties to generate value both for our company and for the community.
- Shine Contracting wants to have knowledge of all parts of real estate in Louisville to take advantage of opportunities and provide the best services for clients.
- Shine Contracting’s priorities and values on the job:
- Do the right thing, ethically and for the good of the property we are working on
- Add lasting value to the home and neighborhood
- Communicate early and often with clients to provide information and guidance
- Master our organization level and our process to lower costs
- Build using designs that are elegant and energy efficient
- Find and invest in properties that are undervalued or underappreciated